V16 adjustment

The expanding range of MGL's innovative RF avionics
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
mikeh

V16 adjustment

Post by mikeh »

Hi all,
I've recently replaced my V10 with a new V16. I've spent some time adjusting settings and now have it working quite nicely, although the microphone setting I have arrived at seems a bit extreme. Can anyone comment please?
The radio is in my Murphy Rebel cabin homebuilt, which is a bit noisy in the cockpit. I have Bose A20 headsets with the standard mic muffs.
It is set with VOX at 3, mic at -10.5, and squelch is -99. The mic setting was chosen after comparing intercom and radio transmission volumes as Rainier suggests, but seems a long way from mid range?
Otherwise I'm pleased with it.
Any comments will be appreciated.
Cheers
Mike
rainier
Site Admin

Re: V16 adjustment

Post by rainier »

I have given the V16 a really wide range of adjustment to suit all possible environments and headsets etc.
In other words - there is no "midpoint". If you are happy with a particular setting that suits your aircraft - stick with it.
mikeh

Re: V16 adjustment

Post by mikeh »

Thanks Rainier,
I was hoping you might say something like that! I'm certainly happy with it, it's one of the nicest radios I've used.
Cheers
Mike