MGL MX1 recording file

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
pfhoeycfi

MGL MX1 recording file

Post by pfhoeycfi »

Does anyone know the exact procedure for creating the MGL MX1 recording file? I've tried creating the file before the flight...that didn't work, and then after the flight...that too did not work.
Do I make the file just once, or for every flight? Do I make the file before or after the flight?
I've tried it a bunch of different ways and I end up with either no file on the sd card or an empty file on the sd card. Recording is enabled.

peter
doylestown, pa
pfhoeycfi

Re: MGL MX1 recording file

Post by pfhoeycfi »

I also tried backing up the internal file to the SD card and a box popped up w the the message "cannot complete operation"...

I double checked my settings for the recording file as well...it is enabled, automatic flight detect at 1000 rpm and 30 mph. No data recording.

Please advise,

Peter
brs

Post by brs »

pfhoeycfi wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:41 pm I also tried backing up the internal file to the SD card and a box popped up w the the message "cannot complete operation"...

I double checked my settings for the recording file as well...it is enabled, automatic flight detect at 1000 rpm and 30 mph. No data recording.

Please advise,

Peter
Hi Peter,
Sounds a lot like an issue I struggled with for a long time. The recordings would not work. I finally tracked the issue down to the "Analog input setup" (Menu/System setup/Analog input setup). Some how the description names got scrambled and it seems that the recording can handle only up to 8 characters in that description name. Try clicking on each input then "Name for this input:" make sure the name has no more than 8 characters (including blanks) they may not even show. Exit out of the menus the reboot and go back into the same menu and check the names again. They were getting changed by the MX1 when I saved them.

BTW - if you do see anything odd plz take a picture of it and post it here and on the thread below.

Next go and delete then remake the 10mb recording file on the SD card. This only needs to be done once. Also try saving the internal data to a file and see how it goes. I can't remember if I had to clear the non-volital memory or not for this to work. Clearing the non-volotile memory is done by booting up while holding the top (landscape) or right (portrait) button. Then selecting the first item.

Here is a thread about some of this... https://mglavionics.co.za/phpBB3/viewto ... 8477#p8477
Notice the names of inputs 2 & 3. They are not valid.
pfhoeycfi

Post by pfhoeycfi »

I'll take a look at the analog inputs. I'm not using any extender or any of the "additional" ai's, just the ones associated with the RDAC.

Thanks!

peter
pfhoeycfi

Post by pfhoeycfi »

My analog inputs all had the default "no name" and I shortened then to just NO. No change...my prob still exists. I can create the recording file, but the rec is empty, when I save the internal file, I get "cannot complete operation" and the dat file is on the card, but empty.