Help with Screen Creation MX1

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
LaneRM

Help with Screen Creation MX1

Post by LaneRM »

Ive been trying to create a simple screen for the MX1.

The goal is to leave the standard radio/GPS bar at the top and remove everything else from the screen.

After that, I'd like to add three large dial gauges stacked vertically, in this order from top to bottom: RPM, airspeed, altitude.

Ideally these would all be equal size and the stack of three gauges would take up the remaining space from top to bottom.

I'm sure this is incredible simple, but I'm having quite a time creating it. Could anyone help?
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Help with Screen Creation MX1

Post by rainier »

There are a few videos floating around on youtube that may help. Search for "MGL screen designer".

Also have a look at this little document: http://www.mglavionics.co.za/Docs/MGL%2 ... 0setup.pdf

This document shows a start to finish procedure to add a rotor craft instrument to a screen. I know that's not what you want to do but the process described here with lots of images applies to everything you do. How to get going, how to add/change things and finally how to get your shiny new screen into the real EFIS.
gd5362

Post by gd5362 »

I had a very similar experience with attempting to modify standard screens on the challenger lite. I've spent countless hours, watched all the excellent videos and was only able to make the most rudimentary changes. I had given up until a friend recently shared his custom screens with me and I found I was able to move, add and change anything I wanted! and It was actually not that hard.
That's what I would recommend.

Glenn Davis
Glenn Davis
5362P
LaneRM

Post by LaneRM »

Thanks. I've been messing around with the editor for a couple days and I'm starting to get the hang of it, but haven't been able to produce anything worthwhile. I'll keep at it!

Is there a repository of screens that people have created or anything like that?

Thanks,
Rob
Jskpilot

Post by Jskpilot »

Help. I’ve got a Rotorway helicopter and we’re trying to install the Challenger Eephus light. We believe we’ve got everything hooked up correctly but all we get is a bunch of red ax’s. We don’t know how to tell the Eephus where everything is. We’ve gone through every set up and screen imaginable.
Any and all help would be extremely helpful.
andynoiseboy

Post by andynoiseboy »

You appear to have hijacked an unrelated thread not relavant to your issue.
Assumiung that "eephus" means EFIS, have you enabled the equipment/devices in the system setup menu?
Red crosses will appear in icons/windows of devices that are not eneabled even if connected and powered correctly.
brs

Post by brs »

LaneRM wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:52 am ...
Is there a repository of screens that people have created or anything like that?
Rob, I like your idea of a screen repository. It would be enjoyable to see what others have come up with. Here are a few shots of my MX1 (pages 4-6). SysOP feel free to move these to a new dedicated thread.
Pg. 4 is meant for a more detailed look at the engine etc.  Clicking (INFO) brings up a page with all sorts of engine/aircraft info.  Like oil capacities and filter types.
Pg. 4 is meant for a more detailed look at the engine etc. Clicking (INFO) brings up a page with all sorts of engine/aircraft info. Like oil capacities and filter types.
MX1-pg4.png (159.17 KiB) Viewed 3428 times
Pg. 5 is my startup screen with checklists.  Just tap on the right or left side to flip between pages.
Pg. 5 is my startup screen with checklists. Just tap on the right or left side to flip between pages.
MX1-pg5.png (176.91 KiB) Viewed 3428 times
This is my primary screen.  The horizon is removed since it constantly tumbles.  A work in progress.
This is my primary screen. The horizon is removed since it constantly tumbles. A work in progress.
MX1-pg6.png (180.4 KiB) Viewed 3428 times
LaneRM

Post by LaneRM »

Those are fantastic. And what is that in? I think I read somewhere that you've got a sonex? I have friend here in town who's building one and also ordered an MX1 to install in a landscape orientation. Would your screens work for a corvair installation? If so, would you mind sharing those files with me?
brs

Post by brs »

Those are screen shots from the simulator for the MX1 in LandScape mode. Looks the same on the actual unit.