Keyboard disappears too fast to use it

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Sputnik

Keyboard disappears too fast to use it

Post by Sputnik »

When I press the arrow key on my mini comm, nav, or transponder display, it brings up a large keyboard for me to type in a new frequency or squawk as appropriate.

Unfortunately, this keyboard disappears too fast for me to do anything with it. Sometimes it's a half-second, sometimes it's two seconds, but it's never enough time to actually enter what I need to enter.

The comm, nav, and transponder are the last items on my (custom) screen file, so they're not being overwritten.
I can't find any control that sets how long this dwells.

Is there some way to fix this?

iEFIS Explorer. Verified on the aircraft and the designer/simulator.
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard disappears too fast to use it

Post by rainier »

There is no timeout for these popups - they stay open until you close them or change a screen.

It is possible to create a background redraw which looks to the EFIS as a change of screen - that depends on your screen design. Do you have anything there that would need to cause a screen redraw frequently ?

Rainier
Sputnik

Re: Keyboard disappears too fast to use it

Post by Sputnik »

Aha! Found it.

No, I'm not forcing a screen draw, at least not intentionally, but I was using an Info Screen Timer (invisible) to advance a small area, my Info screen, every few seconds. It appears that triggers a complete screen redraw.

Guess I can live without the info screen auto-advance. Though if a future version could arrange to redraw only the info screen, that would be great!