Weather displayed covering my raster map.

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
cardo0

Weather displayed covering my raster map.

Post by cardo0 »

Hello everyone. My first post here. I have what I suspect is weather displays covering large portions of my raster map on my iEFIS lite Challenger. Where do I turn this off? I can't seem to find anything for this in the menus. I don't think it is terrain. Can my ADSB out have anything to do with this?

cardo0 :(
Aeroprakt A22
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Weather displayed covering my raster map.

Post by rainier »

Turn off NexRad Wx in the map menu. It's a map layer you can turn on and off on demand as you need.
John H

Post by John H »

I don't mean to hijack the thread. However I do have a curious question.Reading the last post from Rainier, I looked at the Sim for the Odyssey. Primarly looking for the Nexrad weather. Cant fine that. Now the question is weather available on the Odyssey?
I have never seen a display of weather. Possibly am I missing something?
cardo0

Post by cardo0 »

rainier wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:27 pm Turn off NexRad Wx in the map menu. It's a map layer you can turn on and off on demand as you need.
Thank you for the fast response. I wrote it down and tucked in my wallet. I hope to try that this weekend. Sometimes I feel a little intimidated by all the operations/instructions my iEFIS can preform. Well my excuse is we don't have much bad weather out here in Nevada and it catches me by surprise when it appears on my raster map. I should spend more time reading up in the manuals as I don't find many YouTube videos for demonstrations.

cardo :)
cardo0

Post by cardo0 »

So on Saturday the sky was clear around Las Vegas and I verified NexRad Wx was unchecked in the map menu. I still got a small black square with a fuzzy green center on my raster map of Las Vegas airspace while in flight. I then while in flight checked the box for NexRad Wx and the small square with fuzzy green center remained. Then I unchexked that NexRad Wx box again and of course the small square box with fuzzy green center remained. What is it!? Anyone know? :(
cardo0

Post by cardo0 »

TTT