Razor G3X Touch Issue

The expanding range of MGL's innovative RF avionics
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
ColoradoRV6

Razor G3X Touch Issue

Post by ColoradoRV6 »

I am trying to get my Razor/V16 combo connected up to my new G3X Touch and I am having an issue. I have checked the wiring and it is all ok and I even updated the firmware in the Razor through the same wiring and that went fine.

The issue I am having is if I choose SL40 emulation then I can set the standby freq but no flip flop. If I choose GTR200 or GTR 225 then it won't even set the standby freq and it shows that the active freq is receiving constantly. What else can I check.

Thanks,
Eric
adamoconnor

Re: Razor G3X Touch Issue

Post by adamoconnor »

What is the age of your Razor? There has been an update or two to the unit for better support w/ Garmin RS-232.

You're selecting Garmin VHF COM and not Garmin VHF NAVCOM on the G3X, right?

Adam
Adam O'Connor
Michigan Avionics
MGL USA Sales and Support
ColoradoRV6

Post by ColoradoRV6 »

I bought the Razor last year and just updated to the latest firmware yesterday with no change.

Garmin VHF COM is selected.

Eric
adamoconnor

Post by adamoconnor »

Do you have any other COM radios in your G3X System?
Adam O'Connor
Michigan Avionics
MGL USA Sales and Support
ColoradoRV6

Post by ColoradoRV6 »

Nope, just the Razor/V16 combo
ColoradoRV6

Post by ColoradoRV6 »

In looking at the serial output of the Razor I see why the G3X Touch is always showing RX on the active freq. The Razor is outputting $PGRMC01JTGFR08300=9<0D><0A> and for the GTR 200 protocol the R should be I is nothing is being received.

I don't currently have a way to capture the communication between the Razor and the G3X Touch so I don't have any idea why I can't set the freq in GTR 200 emulation or why I can't do the flip/flop.

From the GTR 200 manual
a .......................Transceiver status:
I = Intercom (no other status applicable)
R = Normal receive M = Monitor selected T = Transmit enable S = Stuck mic
F = Comm failure
Eric
ColoradoRV6

Post by ColoradoRV6 »

Anyone have any ideas?

Is anyone using the Razor and V16 with the G3X Touch? If so can you toggle the flip/flop by touching the active freq on the G3X?