SkyDemon Compatibility

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
NeilT

SkyDemon Compatibility

Post by NeilT »

Hi.

Does anyone know how (if possible) to import SkyDemon flight plans by wifi directly into the Explorer Lite EFiS please?

Thanks.
PaulSS

Re: SkyDemon Compatibility

Post by PaulSS »

No, it's not possible. WIFI was mentioned quite some time ago but seems to have disappeared off the 'to do' list. From SkyDemon you need to export the route and then import it into your iEFIS using the SD card. I haven't had a lot of success so far. I get every indication that the route has been imported but then it doesn't appear in the list of routes to use.
NeilT

Post by NeilT »

PaulSS wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:09 pm No, it's not possible. WIFI was mentioned quite some time ago but seems to have disappeared off the 'to do' list. From SkyDemon you need to export the route and then import it into your iEFIS using the SD card. I haven't had a lot of success so far. I get every indication that the route has been imported but then it doesn't appear in the list of routes to use.
Thanks Paul. Not a useful feature then...

I suspect MGL might usefully provide a way to import wirelessly from SkyDemon and other platforms given that competitors do it.
drvale

Post by drvale »

The only way I have got this to work is to set up a route on SkyDemon and then share it with yourself so you can pick up the .GPX file and transfer from the iPad to an SD that is formatted to be read on the iEFIS. The SkyDemon SaveAs will not create a .gpx file only the Share option. You will also need an adaptor for your iPad and upto date software as iPad's have not always had write ability to an SD card. Some models require you to be connected to a power source as well.
It is mostly in the 'too hard tray' so unless I am on a long trip and using the autopilot I just rely on SkyDemon for route Nav, it is a lot clearer then the iEFIS and shows weather, traffic and frequencies as well and is better in sunlight.
David Vale
G-OCAD
Sequoia Falco
MGL user for more than 10 years!! Explorer iEFIS, Discovery Lite, Vega backup & MGL a/p