Challenger & Transponder

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Simpsonstu

Challenger & Transponder

Post by Simpsonstu »

Morning All, newbie here from UK.

We have a KFA Safari with Challenger 10.4 and would like a transponder solution on the a/c.

Looking at the MGL website, is the best option a Trig TT21(we don’t need a T22), and the MGL Trig interface? The Trig is widely available over here so would be easy to source.

Anything else we would need, I assume the Xpdr code will appear on the Efis screen too?

Cheers Stu
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Challenger & Transponder

Post by rainier »

Simpsonstu wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:58 pm Morning All, newbie here from UK.

We have a KFA Safari with Challenger 10.4 and would like a transponder solution on the a/c.

Looking at the MGL website, is the best option a Trig TT21(we don’t need a T22), and the MGL Trig interface? The Trig is widely available over here so would be easy to source.

Anything else we would need, I assume the Xpdr code will appear on the Efis screen too?

Cheers Stu
It's pretty much plug and play - not sure if the TT21 is still available. Last I checked the TT22 was actually cheaper...
They are effectively identical - the TT21 is just tweaked to produce less power.
Yes of course the squawk code will be shown on your transponder control on the EFIS screen. Also ADS-B Out is provided automatically. The transponder gets all the information including GPS from the CAN bus.