ODYSSEY G2 and ADSB

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
garyguinn

ODYSSEY G2 and ADSB

Post by garyguinn »

Hello,
I have a Velocity XL with
2 Odyssey G2..

previous owner has installed ECHOUAT WITH SKYFYX ADSB Setup.

seems to function, but targets are intermittent.

I have an IFLY 740b as a backup. on the IFLY the traffic stays on steady..

Obviously the Odyssey documentation setup is more for Flarm,PCAS ...things of that era.

are there any tips or ideas on correct setup for and ADSB in/out setup?
thanks,
hpmicrowave

Re: ODYSSEY G2 and ADSB

Post by hpmicrowave »

Hi, I believe there was much discussion several years ago about Intermittent traffic from the Echo UAT, I think a software upgrade on the Echo helped to fix this issue. I would check your software release number on the echo ( uses a Wifi enabled app) and then call UAVIONIX and ask them about the problem.

Cecil
garyguinn

Post by garyguinn »

Rainier has me all set!

it was a setup issue, and also no ground to the serial port from my ECHO UAT.
LarryBell

Post by LarryBell »

Could someone share the Odyssey 2 and ADS-b solution? I have a Odyessey 2 and Garmin 327 Transponder. I have been searching the net to find any wiring information between the Odyssey and the Garmin and I cannot find. Can anyone tell me where I can locate information on how to Set up the devices for ADS-B or if you have set ADS-B up using the Garmin with the Uavionix exhoUAT and skyFYT. I plan to order the echoMUX if required. Any help greatly appreciated.
LarryBell
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

The Garmin 327 is a mode-c transponder. It does not do ADS-B out nor has it any extended squitter function.
You need a mode-s transponder for that.

The EchoUAT is a ADS-B transceiver that works in areas that have ADS-B ground stations - this is completely separate to both transponder as well as EFIS - but you can pipe the received UAT information to the Odyssey so you get traffic and radar, notams etc.
You use RS232 port 1 for this and you need to configure the EFIS RS232 port for that function in the setup. Then select the type of ADSB you have (just use the receiver only). It needs to be set to 115200 baud transmission rate in the EchoUAT for this to work. You will not be using the GPS in the EFIS for the EchoUAT as it uses its own GPS so you don't have to worry about that.

You will need an encoding altimeter. For the 327 you could use the Odyssey with the protocol set to Ikarus but unless you have a COM Extender that gives you more RS232 ports you will have to decide between using the available port for either the transponder or the ADS-B-In function. You can't have both on a single port.
LarryBell

Post by LarryBell »

Thank you sir.