Mapmaker help file

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
markkkk42

Mapmaker help file

Post by markkkk42 »

Hi I want to make raster maps for where we fly in our country. I have been trying to use Mapmaker but there is no help file about the process. I have been fumbling around trying to get it to work. I have most of everything working like where the pixels are and then the geo reference but when it stitches a map together it does do it correctly. I have uploaded what I am getting. is there any instructions on using mapmaker?..I couldnt find any or anything on Youtube either
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 9.54.19 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 9.54.19 am.png (246.24 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 9.56.04 am.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 9.56.04 am.png (176.64 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
markkkk42

Re: Mapmaker help file

Post by markkkk42 »

Its all fine I found the help documentation....I hate windoze....trying to find directories..Mac is much better :)
JimJab

Post by JimJab »

Mark which Country are you in, Australia?
Older MGL units
JG28

Post by JG28 »

Hi Mark, can you share how you solved it? I have the documentation but the final map is like the pictures you shared.
Thanks
markkkk42

Post by markkkk42 »

Sorry for the long delay in responding. Yes I am in Australia. I had shelved this as I had not needed to get everything ready for the new build. Now its time to revisit this. I ended up getting something that worked but it not perfectly geo referenced..its pretty close but not perfect. The Mapmaker software is not very friendly at all and difficult to use. I am back to playing with it now. If I can get it right I will probably do all the maps for eastern OZ and possibly make them avialable. I have a few people who are all in the same boat

Mark
OHY

Post by OHY »

Hi Mark
I am also trying to create maps of OZ in Map Maker with mixed results. I see Airservices Aus have digital maps available but would have to mortgage the house to buy them. Where are you sourcing the digital maps from?
Regards
Brad