iefis extender

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Wheeler2017

iefis extender

Post by Wheeler2017 »

HELLO
I LAST PURCHASED AN EXTENDER MODULE I HAVE CONNECTED IT TO CAN BUS 1 BUT I DO NOT SEE IT IN THE EQUIPMENT ENABLE LIST IN THE SYSTEM MENU : EXTENDER MODULE ENABLE
WHAT TO DO PLEASE
TKS TO REPLY
JACK
PaulSS

Re: iefis extender

Post by PaulSS »

(a)Turn off Caps Lock. There's no need to shout.
(b)Why have you connected your Extender to the CAN bus? It should be connected to your EFIS via RS232.
Wheeler2017

Post by Wheeler2017 »

Hello Paul
sorry for caps lock ...

iefis extender manual say:

Extender in the regular iEFIS system:
Connects to an iEFIS system using CAN bus interface 1.
Provides an additional 8 analog and digital inputs to the iBOX for a total of 16.
Provides an additional 5 digital outputs for a total of 10.
RS232 ports, CAN bus 2, OAT sensor and AOA sensor are not used
PaulSS

Post by PaulSS »

Sorry, you're absolutely right with a regular iEFIS. I have the Lite.....pretty obviously ;)

I suppose the first port of call would be to see if anything else that is plugged into the iBox is showing up on the iEFIS. If it's not then I would suspect the connecting cable between the two.

If the iBox info is transferring to the iEFIS then you can zoom in on the obvious. Have you got power to the Extender (easy to check to see if the green light is doing anything). If you've got power then it boils down to the CAN bus. Check for continuity from the DSub pins and that they are wired the correct way round and ensure you've got the terminating resistor in place.

I don't know if the Extender can be enabled without it being connected (I would suspect not) but, if it can, remember you need to turn the power off and then on again to save the setting.

If power is definitely okay and the CAN bus is okay then you may well just have a duff Extender.
Wheeler2017

Post by Wheeler2017 »

Paul
thank you for your answer the can bus is ok the green led of the extender flashes correctly on the screen in the menu equipment enables it does not appear extender module but altitude tracker ???
attached two photos
jack
IMG_3378 - Copie.jpg
IMG_3378 - Copie.jpg (155.42 KiB) Viewed 2320 times
IMG_3377[2452].jpg
IMG_3377[2452].jpg (150.16 KiB) Viewed 2320 times
PaulSS

Post by PaulSS »

What's the software version on your iEFIS?

I don't think I've seen that option on mine. So one of us is out-of-date (but I'm not changing mine, as the latest update seems to be cocking everyone's systems up).