Inflight transponder squawk change

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
bvolcko

Inflight transponder squawk change

Post by bvolcko »

I have a Discovery Lite that is working very well. One issue that I have, when bringing up the transponder on the touch screen to change or enter a squawk code, the box is very small and in turbulence very hard to do. Can I make the entry box bigger? If so, how? I have a Sandia 165R, so I must do it via the efis.
iEFIS Discovery Lite
in a Xenos motor glider
Bill Hertzel

Re: Inflight transponder squawk change

Post by Bill Hertzel »

Do your Big Buttons at the Side of your display become 0-7, Etc.
You may also get a similar set of buttons when operating the Radio.
A much easier target for our fat-shaky fingers.
bvolcko

Post by bvolcko »

I have a smallish window open up with even smaller buttons. Transponder control panel
iEFIS Discovery Lite
in a Xenos motor glider
gd5362

Post by gd5362 »

The only thing I saw was in design tool double click on transponder and there is a section called "Small Panel Display Format" which has a Small and Large selection available. Make sure large is selected.
If you are using standard screens then it is set to large by default.
Also, you will be able to enter your squawk using the push buttons along the bottom of the efis
Glenn Davis
5362P
Bill Hertzel

Post by Bill Hertzel »

On the 8-inch and larger iefis models, the 12 Physical Buttons on the bottom can be used to enter numbers when the Xpndr or Radio is selected.
The Discover Lite does not have those buttons but it does have 8 equivalent Virtual Buttons that normally display AP, NAV, CHECK, MAP, ETC. along the Left edge.
Take note, your Virtual Buttons on the Left may change to 0-7 when the Xpndr is selected. This is not immediately obvious.
Then Again, Maybe it doesn't.