FuelP issue on Gen 1 Xtreme EFIS

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
KenP

FuelP issue on Gen 1 Xtreme EFIS

Post by KenP »

Equipment: Gen 1 Xtreme EFIS (with 1.36 Firmware)/RDAC XF MAP (Communicating with Airtalk)/UMA N1E100G(M)

All inputs to Xtreme (EGT,CHT,Fuel Flow, OilP, OilT, RPM) work fine except FuelP with UMA N1E100G(M).

With PU resistor for FuelP "on" ADC Menu value for FuelP displays "0". PU resistors "on" for Aux1 and/or Aux2 inputs show ADC Menu positive values.

With UMA N1E100G(M) signal plugged into RDAC Aux1 or Aux2 (PU resistor "off"), ADC Menu Aux1 and Aux2 voltages vary with fuel pressure.

With UMA N1E100G(M) signal plugged into RDAC FuelP (PU resistor "off"), FuelP display stays 0 for any fuel pressure & ADC Menu shows 0 voltage.

Gen 1 Xtreme EFIS with Airtalk interface seems to have a placeholder screen for FuelP, but does not "look" for the FuelP input to the RDAC XF MAP.

Solution?
Franz

Re: FuelP issue on Gen 1 Xtreme EFIS

Post by Franz »

Hi Ken,

The fuel pressure is only available when using the CAN bus interface. The CAN bus is recommended as it is more reliable.

Regards,
Franz
KenP

Re: FuelP issue on Gen 1 Xtreme EFIS

Post by KenP »

Thank you very much for the quick reply!

You've saved me additional frustrating troubleshooting on my installation!

For avoidance of doubt, I want to confirm that, since I have a very early Xtreme EFIS (purchased in 2010), my only interface choice to the RDAC XF was/is Airtalk.

My understanding is that CAN bus capability was not included in the Xtreme EFIS until later production models.

Please confirm.

Thanks again.