Ack button inop

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
odens_14

Ack button inop

Post by odens_14 »

As the title says the alarm acknowledge button has stopped working on my G2 Odyssey. The other buttons on that side of the screen are working fine.

Looking for tips on trouble shooting when I get time. Also, is there any alternate way to silence the alarms in the mean time?
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Ack button inop

Post by rainier »

If you can open the unit you should be able to test the button with a ohm meter - the keypad has two connectors - one at the top and the other at the bottom. Each for 4 buttons.
We do have spare keypads in stock should that be required.
odens_14

Re: Ack button inop

Post by odens_14 »

6 months later and I'm finally getting around to this before flying season picks up here in Minnesota. I contacted Michigan Avionics (the USA sales contact), who forwarded me to Rainbow Aircraft (USA service center) and they indicated they don't sell parts and estimated $200-300 + shipping and a week or so of downtime for them to repair. I'm pretty confident I could replace it myself, does anyone sell parts direct to consumer?