Odd EFIS problem

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
VA Long Ez

Odd EFIS problem

Post by VA Long Ez »

Upgraded to G3 Explorer version 1.1.2.1 with Flt Ops version 1.0.0.4. After the update, the EFIS would reboot about ever 45 seconds. Any thoughts? Just finished installing the V16 radio and Razor control head.
VA Long Ez

Re: Odd EFIS problem

Post by VA Long Ez »

By the way, the radio works great!
VA Long Ez

Post by VA Long Ez »

Update: Went for a quick flight and the EFIS is still randomly rebooting and going through the start sequence. Randomness is anywhere from 2-3 seconds to every 2-3 minutes. Running G3 version 1.1.2.1 and flight ops version 1.0.0.4. As an additional observation, there is no internal EFIS GPS fix available, and thus no GPS derived ground speed. I assume the internal GPS automatically works and I don't have to setup anything. Tris ADSB woks fine with it's own GPS, and the radio works fine (V16 and Razor). Is there a way to downgrade to a lower G3 software version, such as 1.1.1.0?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

PS: By the way, I had 4-5 reboots in the hangar, but when I tested the voltage, it read a steady 14.17 volts (plugged into a battery charger/conditioner).
VA Long Ez

Post by VA Long Ez »

Thanks Rainier. I'll probably load 1.1.1.0 since that what was loaded from the repair facility in Torrence, CA. I'll give you an update when I get it loaded and flown.
VA Long Ez

Post by VA Long Ez »

Preliminary update: loaded 1.1.1.0 and had no problems - no reboots, good GPS and good ground speed (GPS derived). I think I'll reload 1.1.2.1 and see if I have the same problems as I initially had. I'll update as soon as I reload 1.1.2.1.
VA Long Ez

Post by VA Long Ez »

Update #2: reloaded 1.1.2.1 and had multiple reboots in flight and no GPS fix, therefore no GPS derived GS. IAS and TAS were okay, just no GS. Back to version 1.1.1.0 which seemed to work just fine. Check it on the next flight.
VA Long Ez

Post by VA Long Ez »

Went back to EFIS v 1.1.1.0 and all problems went away: good GPS position, good GPS ground speed, and no reboots. Flight Ops version 1.0.0.4
Don Pablo Fernandez

Post by Don Pablo Fernandez »

Thanks Ranier, VA Long Ez. I had the same issue with 1.1.2.1 on iEFIS G3; random reboots, sometimes 5 minutes between reboot, sometimes 10 seconds. Loss of GPS position. Rollback to any previous version prior to 1.1.2.0 solved issue perfectly.
royerm

Post by royerm »

I also have the same problem as VA Long Ez, maybe this question is for Rainier..

Is there anyone looking into fixing the 1.1.2 version as it is required to install the Wifi gateway???

Regards..