EFIS LITE with AoA display.

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Pete2512

EFIS LITE with AoA display.

Post by Pete2512 »

Hi

I am currently looking to add the Angle Of Attack function to my EFIS Lite.
I am currently running a SP6 and SP7 with it.
Does any one have any good recommendations on probes for successful setups they have used?
I see the option of AoA virtual AHRS in the System setup which I thought may use the SP7. I have the other options but for probe and sensors.
Any help/recommendations appreciated.
Thanks

Pete
HansLab

Re: EFIS LITE with AoA display.

Post by HansLab »

Hi,
it just looks a matter of installation via the EFIS, but in two steps: PM me for details please if still needed.
hans.labruyere [at] gmail
PaulSS

Post by PaulSS »

I have the Dynon pitot/AoA probe. It’s all hooked up to my IEFIS Lite and works well. Mind you, I did download the sound file that allows the ‘proper’ audio tones to increase in pitch as the stall is approached, instead of the silly tone that comes as standard and sounds like a glider vario.
Pete2512

Post by Pete2512 »

Thanks guys for the information.
I'll look into the Dynon AoA probe setup
Tasmag

Post by Tasmag »

PaulSS wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:18 pm I did download the sound file that allows the ‘proper’ audio tones
Where did you get the times from Paul. And I'm pretty sure you have to have the extender for AOA with a lite.

Mike
PaulSS

Post by PaulSS »

I downloaded the tone files from here somewhere. It may have been the old forum. I can't recall the name of the guy who uploaded them but I'm sure it was the chap who was doing all the HUD development etc (possibly for an RV8). His name may have had something to do with microwaves (or similar).

I tried to upload the file that I believe has the tones but I can't attach that type of file (.ESD). If you need it then just PM me and I'll send it via email. I found it after digging around a bit in my MGL directory. I THINK it was uploaded to the EFIS via the SD card.

Yes, the iEFIS Lite needs an Extender.
Pete2512

Post by Pete2512 »

Hi Paul

Could you tell me if you used a standard Pitot with the Extender for your Lite setup?I was thinking of the Dynon AoA probe?

I am awaiting delivery into the UK for an extender. I too may need to ask about the Tones you have for the audio on the AoA setup.
Thanks for any information
Regards
Pete
PaulSS

Post by PaulSS »

Hi Pete,

I use the Dynon pitot/AoA probe. One like this: https://www.gps.co.uk/product/dynon-aoa ... 00141-000/

You need the two inputs for the kit to figure out the AoA through comparing differential pressure. You can't just use a normal probe as it only has one tube.
Pete2512

Post by Pete2512 »

Thanks Paul.

I assume the Pitot (Pressure) and the AoA connection (Vacumn) go to the Extender from the probe and then tee into the aircraft static system as usual.
Regards
Pete
gd5362

Post by gd5362 »

That's correct Pete, tee the pitot and connect to the back of the efis lite.

Glenn
Glenn Davis
5362P