Voyager and Sandia StX165 transponder control???

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
gem930

Voyager and Sandia StX165 transponder control???

Post by gem930 »

HELP!

I'm planning on installing a Uavionix Tailbeacon X to replace my aging 76a and become ADSB compliant. It is my understanding my Voyager should be able to control the unit via STX 165 protocol. Is this the case? If so, where do I start? I can find wiring diagrams online (RS-232) but, so far, I have been unable to determine how to set up my Voyager G2. I'm guessing a newer version of the Odyssey.bin would be the first step. I seemed (at least to me) the Odysseys were orphaned before a fully functional software (non-buggy) package was released. Is there a "goto" version with the fewest problems that will support the STX165 protocol to control the tailbeacon? If so, once installed, where do I find information on setting up the transponder control?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. Please help if you can.

Gregg
gem930

Re: Voyager and Sandia StX165 transponder control???

Post by gem930 »

Well, after some time playing in the setup menu, I was able to assign a com port for the transponder to the STX165 protocol and turn on the transponder, but still do not know how to access it from the EFIS screen..... anyone?