menu problems

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
tigerpilot43

menu problems

Post by tigerpilot43 »

Challenger system.
1.) When I tap "Menu", then "System Setup", then ""Standard System Selections" I get a red field with the words "Not available in flight".
Why is this happening? Nothing is powered-up or running except for the EFIS.
2.) In the Engine Setup menu, no matter what I do for TC scan numbering I can get 4 EGT bar graphs (that's OK) but only 2 CHT bars instead of the 4 I need. Is the problem that I haven't told the system how many cylinders the engine has? But that's in the Standard System Setup that I can't get into!
I need all the help I can get.
P-40 Pete
rainier
Site Admin

Re: menu problems

Post by rainier »

tigerpilot43 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:27 am Challenger system.
1.) When I tap "Menu", then "System Setup", then ""Standard System Selections" I get a red field with the words "Not available in flight".
Why is this happening? Nothing is powered-up or running except for the EFIS.
2.) In the Engine Setup menu, no matter what I do for TC scan numbering I can get 4 EGT bar graphs (that's OK) but only 2 CHT bars instead of the 4 I need. Is the problem that I haven't told the system how many cylinders the engine has? But that's in the Standard System Setup that I can't get into!
I need all the help I can get.
P-40 Pete
You have an active flight or are showing airspeed.Some functions are disabled if the EFIS thinks you are flying.
You have selected the Rotax 912 engine which uses two fixed NTC probes as CHT senders. These are not TC probes.
tigerpilot43

Post by tigerpilot43 »

Thanks, I'll work on eliminating the NTC probe designations. Maybe there's something to do with the flight "autodetect". I'll put that on "manual" and see if it stops thinking I'm flying.
I'll keep everyone posted of progress.
P-40 Pete
tigerpilot43

Post by tigerpilot43 »

All,
I was able to enter into the Standard Systems Selections after I de-selected "Demo mode" in the other menu selections. I now have 4 EGTs and 4 CHTs for my WV conversion. I hope this helps other solve their similar problem.
Peter