Voyager Take Off Performance Chart for Jabiru 430

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
JimJab

Voyager Take Off Performance Chart for Jabiru 430

Post by JimJab »

Hi All,

Can someone help with this,

I have made a mif file for a P-Chart and put it into an information page in my Voyager G2 EFIS. I have added at the bottom of this information page, the calculated Density Alt with other information like QNH, OAT and I would also like to show my gross weight from my weight and balance page.

I can't see anywhere in the Design items for the EFIS, where I can pick up this gross airplane weight to insert into my information page.

So is this possible to get my aircraft weight from the weight and balance page?

Thanks to the Jab 430 Group who put this Chart together in SA
Thanks to the Jab 430 Group who put this Chart together in SA
PChart ScreenShotV1.jpg (170.95 KiB) Viewed 2191 times

This P-Chart in it's original format had calculations for runway gradients and distances, but I could not fit this section into my voyager screen size, so I cropped that section off for the Mif file.

I found this P-Chart online as the Jab 430 POH does not have any P-Chart in it. This Chart was put together by a group of Jabiru 430' Flyers in SA.

I had read where they travelled to different airstrips, did lots of takeoffs in their different Jabiru 430's and measured their take of rolls to wheels off. Then collated and back tested the Chart, so many thanks to those Guys and Ladies for sharing it. Also please note this chart does not take into account clearing a 50ft high object.

I was asked once on this forum when I was having such a frustrating time solving some of my electronic issues with my long serving MGL Voyager EFIS, why don't I just go to the Dynon shop.

Well here is the very reason why I have not gone to that other side.

Even my older MGL EFIS are still worlds apart front the Dynon's. Look at how you can customize your MGL EFIS page layout so the EFIS can be integrated into your aircraft systems by having the aircraft performance details, check list and P-charts all at a button push away.

Yes, the design program software may be clunky at times, but once mastered by watching some YouTube clips by DutchRoll, it put's you worlds apart from the Dynon's from what I have seen, but then that's only my opinion, other will say, I just want to have something that just works out of the box and nothing else.

Cheers
JimJab
Older MGL units
JimJab

Re: Voyager Take Off Performance Chart for Jabiru 430

Post by JimJab »

Hi All,

I've been asked where I found the jpg file for this Chart for the Jabiru 430.

I have added this image as a jpg file, it may be to lower quality to convert to a MIF file for your size EFIS screen.

Should this be too lower quality to convert to a MIF files (eg. texts is to fussy or hard to read) here is a link to a forum where you can find may be a better quality chart image, scroll through the post to find the image. https://avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... &start=180

Note, do not use this chart until you have compared all your actual Density Altitudes, Take Off Weights and your aircraft's performance with your actual take off distances against the Charts DA calculation and "Take off Distances".

This is Not an Official Jabiru produced "Take Off & Performance Chart" so is not included in the Jabiru 430 Pilots Operation Handbook for use.

Cheers
JimJab
Older MGL units
JimJab

Post by JimJab »

Hi Rainer,

Can you tell me if there is an Design Item I can use to display my aircraft's gross weight?

I can't find a Design Item to do this.

Cheers
JimJab
Older MGL units
JimJab

Post by JimJab »

Hi Rainer,

Some time back I asked the question above if there was a Design Item that I could use to display my aircraft's mass weight as it is calculated on my EFIS Weight and balance chart.

I ask this question as I have this "Take Off Performance Chart" Image in my Voyager and I think it would be nice to have my aircraft mass weight showing on the same page/screen as the "Take Off Performance Chart" when referencing the chart without the need to go back into the Weight and Balance page for my aircraft's current mass weight.

So I am wondering if there Is a design item I can use to put my Mass Weight on the "Take off Performance Chart" screen?

Cheers
JimJab
Older MGL units