MX1 "Copy Internal Flight Data Recording"

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
brs

MX1 "Copy Internal Flight Data Recording"

Post by brs »

I've noticed that on the Simulator that the "Common Task / Copy Internal Flight Data Recording" is "Not available on simulator". Also listed on the "Recording setup menu".
It seems that it is not available on the actual MX1 (firmware 0012 LS) either. When I select the menu item I get a popup saying "Cannot complete operation". Is this option not implemented?

Is this related to the recording of engine data which does not work on my setup either. I really need to record the engine data and am looking for a solution.

Thank You.

Cant-Complete.jpg
Cant-Complete.jpg (174.09 KiB) Viewed 3597 times
rainier
Site Admin

Re: MX1 "Copy Internal Flight Data Recording"

Post by rainier »

That usually happens if the EFIS is unable to write to your external SD card. Are you using FAT32 on that card ?
Go to the filemanager and log to the internal SSD. Pick any file and see if you can copy that file to your external SD card.
brs

Post by brs »

rainier wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:54 am That usually happens if the EFIS is unable to write to your external SD card. Are you using FAT32 on that card ?
Go to the filemanager and log to the internal SSD. Pick any file and see if you can copy that file to your external SD card.
Hi Rainier,
Today I replaced the SD card with a new, different brand, card. Still didn't work. Next I opened up the File-Manager, on the MX1, and easily copied all the .MAP files to the card. So it seems the card and the card reader is in good working order.

Still the problem exits. What else can I try.
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

Fix coming up - looks like a timing issue can affect some units. Stand by.
brs

Post by brs »

rainier wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:58 pm Fix coming up - looks like a timing issue can affect some units. Stand by.
Looking forward to the fix. Thank You
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

Been posted end of last week - have a look
brs

Post by brs »

rainier wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:00 pm Been posted end of last week - have a look
Rainier,

The update fixed my initial problem of not being able to download the file (two steps forward). However the file doesn't seem to be readable by the BB Viewer (one step backward). At first I had thought it was because my data in memory was old and from the previous firmware. So today I went for a short flight then downloaded the data. It's still not readable. I'll send it to you via pm.

Related: The downloaded engine data gets named xxx.DAT but the BB viewer wants xxxx.REC. Also the 10/50MB file on the card gets named xxx.REC. Can the downloaded engine data file be changed to automatically down load as a xxx.REC file so it doesn't need to be renamed?

Oh, one more. On the firmware download, do the version numbers not get changed when a minor change is made? It was hard for me to tell that the new firmware had been uploaded (had checked several times) until I saw the date in the notes section below the links.

Regards,
-brs