AHARS combined Xtreme calibration

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
ssbk170z

AHARS combined Xtreme calibration

Post by ssbk170z »

Did a 1.6 G climbing turn with and the Xtreme AH indication is now sitting 5 degrees low. I have tried a full pawer of restart with no improvement. Any suggestions on recalibration.
rainier
Site Admin

Re: AHARS combined Xtreme calibration

Post by rainier »

Your 1.6G shifted the AHRS mounting. You would have to pull more than 100G in order to have any chance of affecting the accelerometers.
ssbk170z

Post by ssbk170z »

Thanks for reply Rainier, I have sorted it by following the manual and then going to the menu. AHRS reset didn't correct. I then did the next one down attidude levelling. it is still sitting about 5 degrees to the right.
ssbk170z

Post by ssbk170z »

Thanks for reply Rainier, I have sorted it by following the manual and then going to the menu. AHRS reset didn't correct. I then did the next one down attidude levelling. it is still sitting about 5 degrees to the right.
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

ssbk170z wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:03 pm Thanks for reply Rainier, I have sorted it by following the manual and then going to the menu. AHRS reset didn't correct. I then did the next one down attidude levelling. it is still sitting about 5 degrees to the right.
Leveling tells the AHRS to level the horizon to what the AHRS is mounted at - not what your EFIS is mounted at.
Correct the mounting of your AHRS. It is no longer level.