Aera 660 to RADAC-MAP for Xtreme EMS fuel flow...

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
VacaMoo

Aera 660 to RADAC-MAP for Xtreme EMS fuel flow...

Post by VacaMoo »

I want my Xtreme EMS to display fuel time remaining, distance remaining, and ground speed, so I believe I only need:

1- GPS signal (from Garmin Aera 660 to RADAC DB-9 Pin 3) with Xtreme EMS programmed for the correct signal being received
2- Fuel Flow sender input (from FloScan 201 to RADAC FF1)

Does anyone here have that set up and working correctly? Do I need anything else?
Enjoying retired life by living on my airport with FREE campsites & FREE facilities for all visiting pilots to enjoy while I putt-putt around in my OnSpeed equipped PZL-104 Wilga 35
VacaMoo

Re: Aera 660 to RADAC-MAP for Xtreme EMS fuel flow...

Post by VacaMoo »

179 views and nobody has ever connected an Aera 660 to an MGL Extreme EMS?
Enjoying retired life by living on my airport with FREE campsites & FREE facilities for all visiting pilots to enjoy while I putt-putt around in my OnSpeed equipped PZL-104 Wilga 35
VacaMoo

Post by VacaMoo »

Seems like nobody here has installed an Xtreme EMS and a Garmin Aera 660. After a week playing around with it I realized that I was connecting the 660 Data Out to the wrong place. It DOESN'T go to the RADAC DB-9 Pin 3 as I thought previously, it actually goes to the Xtreme EMS DB-15 Pin 6. After doing that and making sure they were both communicating at the same speed, it's now working.
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

Not sure why you would want to connect the GPS to the RDAC.
The Xtreme manual is quite clear where the GPS should be connected. Page 69.
VacaMoo

Post by VacaMoo »

Yes, I found out taking a leap of faith hoping to not burn something and it worked.