Splash Screen

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
RVTB

Splash Screen

Post by RVTB »

Is it possible to create a splash screen for the iEfis Explorer?
I had a custom splash screen on my last aircraft on the Xtreme mini and think it would be cool to have one on the iEfis too.
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Splash Screen

Post by rainier »

No, that was removed in the iEFIS systems as they could start up and initialize blazingly fast - we did not want to slow that down in any way.
In the past we showed splash screens as they are prettier than a black screen while the system was starting up and busy getting all the ducks in a row.
brs

Re: Splash Screen

Post by brs »

I've considered making a sudo splash screen on my MX1.

Since I have the MX1 set to start on an Info-screen, which is my aircraft checklist, I had thought of making an info-(splash)screen. Only thing, is that the MX1 would have to be set to that screen upon shut-down in order for it to come up at start-up.

I tried once installing an image on an info screen but had trouble with it. Might have to revisit that effort once all the important screen changes have been made.