Challenger iEFIS SNAVI.ewd file Not Installed Error

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
RV9A driver

Challenger iEFIS SNAVI.ewd file Not Installed Error

Post by RV9A driver »

My Challenger iEFIS experiences this error at power on. States; Secondary navidata file
(SNAVI.ewd) not installed.
I don’t know how to create this file with detailed data like waypoints, heliports, etc for North America.
Can someone provide a sample I could download onto micro SD card?

Thanks!
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Challenger iEFIS SNAVI.ewd file Not Installed Error

Post by rainier »

Your EFIS has the ability to use two independent navidata databases at the same time. It will however only use waypoints/airport info from the secondary database (to avoid conflicts with overlapping airspaces).

The secondary navidata file is just a normal navidata.ewd file that you renamed as SNavi.ewd.

Most don't use this facility. It can be useful if you have a second database you want to use with a subscription product - for example you could make your own database using MGL Central that contains data on smaller fields you use often but are not in your subscription product.

Other thing you can do by simple renaming of the filename. You can have up to 26 primary and 26 secondary databases installed at the same time (only one of each is active) Navidata.ewd, Navidatb.ewd, Navidatc.ewd etc and SNavib.ewd, SNavic.ewd, etc. SNavi.ewd is the same as SNavia.ewd.

You then select which database you want active in the system by the last letter code - in your NAV functions.

Useful if you happen to circumnavigate and have different databases you need to switch between as you progress...
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

No in short - if you don't want to use a secondary database - just ignore the message. It's not an error just information.
JoshuaEmove

-

Post by JoshuaEmove »

Yep - that is a good card - I have used one also and it worked fine. Just need to know what LPT port it is setup as for setup in Mach
RV9A driver

Post by RV9A driver »

Rainier,

The attached error log continues to appear during power on mode and continues to repeat so unit will not operate.
I am not sure why the program is searching for the SNAVA.ewd file (which I did not request) and causes a fatal error.
Torrance reloaded the internal firmware; e a software prblem but I will try to make the fake files to see if it will go away.

Thanks.
Attachments
Final Screen Message before error repeats
Final Screen Message before error repeats
Screen message.jpg (7.58 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
System Log- Can clear it but keeps repeating
System Log- Can clear it but keeps repeating
System Log Display.jpg (46.6 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
Error Log That Flashes on screen then goes out
Error Log That Flashes on screen then goes out
Error Log1.jpg (83.83 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
RV9A driver

Post by RV9A driver »

Rainier,

The message does not go out but continues to repeat and unit never powers up. I have attached the screen copy of what is contained on the
internal SD card. Seems normal but EXP3.bin and MLOO are there, even though fault says they are missing.
Maybe I didn't get the software patch it needed?

Thanks,

Don Wiltse
Attachments
Internal SD Card Folders and Files.png
Internal SD Card Folders and Files.png (12.23 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
Internal SD Navidata files.png
Internal SD Navidata files.png (5.63 KiB) Viewed 2934 times