EFIS Air Tube & Connections

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
JimJab

EFIS Air Tube & Connections

Post by JimJab »

Hi Everyone,

I am seeking any ideas in what type of air tube I should use to renew the tubes behind my panel and two Voyager EFIS's.

The current PVC tubes have got a little hard with age and having two Voyager EFIS's there is double the number of tubes to route behind the instrument panel with the older bard tee's to split the air tubes going between the EFIS's. I also have to remove the tubes from the EFIS's sensor bards to get each EFIS out of my panel, once the panel is removed from my aircraft.

I would like to redesigned this so there is a fly tube that stays on the EFIS and using push on tube connect on the fly tubes.

The pic is how my air tubes are currently attached to my EFIS's and how they did it some years 13 years ago. The PVC tubes have shrunk a little in length and so its getting harder to move the tubes around without putting further strain on the sensor bards.

Air Attachment Tubes EFISV2.jpg
Air Attachment Tubes EFISV2.jpg (188.62 KiB) Viewed 13472 times

A little time back, when I was getting my 100.5, done on the air tube system.

I was told that I had a leak in part of the system, but it was still in spec. But the young tech wanting to be helpful quickly went twisting up behind the panel feeling for tubes to see if he could see any obvious issue and with me saying don't worry its right as I was thinking he may put to much sideways pressure on one of my EFIS's pressure sensors and break off a tip.

So being an Exp aircraft, I would like to replace the air tubing and fix any leak issues before doing my next 100.5.

So if anyone on the forum or Rainer has any particular brand of air tubing with push connector that work well with the Voyager EFIS sensors bard size. please let me know.

Cheers
JimJab
Older MGL units