Sid star procedures in efis

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Diamond

Sid star procedures in efis

Post by Diamond »

Hello,
I would like to train IFR with my Iefis explorer lite, but I don’t know if I can display sid star procedures.
It’s mentioned in the pocketfms website that navidata.ewd file contains updates of departure and arrival procedures.
But when I search for an airport, I can only select GLS procedure. Can I display and follow a sid or a star?
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Sid star procedures in efis

Post by rainier »

No the navidata does not contain this - it could - there is actually provision for it and indeed it can be imported but the efis does not use it.
You can however use plates in a variety of ways - PocketFMS is a good source for this if you have a subscription - you can "fly" a plate if it is georeferenced much like you use a moving map. In addition airport diagrams can appear automatically superimposed on the regular map which is handy if you have to use larger airports.
Diamond

Re: Sid star procedures in efis

Post by Diamond »

Ok, thank you. But unfortunately IAC are not georeferenced by pocketFms… (
I have another problem, very often the automatic pilot fly the plane next to the path.
you can see on this photo that my position is to the right of the trajectory… why could it be?
Attachments
B608C26E-AAEE-4A43-8255-BF2D590F179E.jpeg
B608C26E-AAEE-4A43-8255-BF2D590F179E.jpeg (63.13 KiB) Viewed 1587 times