Trim Indicator

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
jwaldrip

Trim Indicator

Post by jwaldrip »

Hey Everyone
I have to admit I'm not having much luck with the MGL EFIS. I guess its just beyond my pay grade so to speak. My current problem (one of many) is getting the Ray Allen pitch trim display to work. The trim itself works from the china hat on the stick. I have 3 wires that used to go to the indicator that was installed as part of the Ray Allen setup. I don't want to install that in the panel. I want to use the indicator on the EFIS. I have 3 wires , orange, green , and blue I think. Can any one tell me how to wire this up to the IBOX and how to set it up in the Ibox. I would really appreciate any help.
hpmicrowave

Re: Trim Indicator

Post by hpmicrowave »

Following is my wiring for the Roll Trim, Pitch Trim works the same, My pitch trim is wired into a SP10 that controls both Flaps and Pitch trim, so has a different setup. Hope this helps. I have to reduce the Schematic resolution to get it to load on the forum, but can email directly if you send me your E-Mail address (if needed).

Cecil
Attachments
RV8_StickGrip_DB25_Interface Wiring_29 Jan 2019_LowRes.png
RV8_StickGrip_DB25_Interface Wiring_29 Jan 2019_LowRes.png (234.29 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
iBox Roll Trim Wiring
iBox Roll Trim Wiring
iBOX_Analog_Digital_ Wiring_21 June 2018.png (212.85 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
jwaldrip

Post by jwaldrip »

Hi hpmicrowave.

First off thanks for replying. Your setup looks almost like I did. Except mine is for pitch trim and they recommend analog 2 for the input. (I think that's right without looking it up ). I also have a relay deck and I have the orange wire going to 12 volts. The only difference is the ground wire. I just ran it to ground. Could that be the reason I'm not getting any readout at all in the setup menu? trim motor runs and goes up and down. Maybe bad wiring connection on the sensing wires? This is driving me crazy.
hpmicrowave

Post by hpmicrowave »

I would say yes, it needs to goto the iBox Analog Gnd for that Sense Input. At least that's what i did and have had no problems with this.

Cecil

Cecil
jwaldrip

Post by jwaldrip »

Yes

Success at last. that was the problem. Had to put the ground in the analog input plug. Wow one more problem solved. Thanks for the help everyone that replied.