Installation questions

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
tomjaharis

Installation questions

Post by tomjaharis »

I am in the process of installing two iEFIS units and a bunch of related MGL black boxes in my RV-6 project. I am interested in talking to anyone that has installed this equipment for assistance on wire routing suggestions as well as any other advise that you can provide to keep me on the right path. Tom (530) 515-6001
Diamond

Re: Installation questions

Post by Diamond »

try to avoid bringing the cables too close to the antenna cables.

The big job for me was to make MGL coexist with other systems (trig, MGL, weistach) but after a few welds we get there.

MGL systems are sensitives to vibrations (Ahrs) so try to make a flexible assembly
tomjaharis

Post by tomjaharis »

Thank you Diamond for your response. I have figured out where to place everything for the initial set up. I still have to finish the airplane and then fly it. If I see any issues that might be installation related, I will be back with more questions. I like your input about vibration protection on the AHRS and will see what I can do to incorporate something into my mount.

I tried to upload pictures of how I mounted everything for others to review but I keep getting an error message saying the JPEG file it too big. I will keep trying because it might help someone else or someone else may have a suggestion on mistakes I might have made.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Paulie321

Post by Paulie321 »

I ended up with a rat's nest but it works. Ibox, two screens, V16, Sandia xponder, Echo UAT, Trutrack Vizion and avioguard.