Jabiru MGL IEFIS setup

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Rowdy

Jabiru MGL IEFIS setup

Post by Rowdy »

Gents,

I am after some install advice on my Jabiru 3300 to MGL IEFIS Challenger, specifically what do I need to select for the standard Jabiru Oil temp probe? Oil pressure probe? and rpm (asked in another post). Currently I just scroll through to select the "type that comes to zero. If I select other types oil temp goes from zero to 70 to 180 to 220 etc in a new cold engine. Should they be reading ambient? Say 20deg C?
And position of PU switches? At the moment I am aimlessly flicking things to get something to work.

Any help appreciated.
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Jabiru MGL IEFIS setup

Post by rainier »

Automotive NTC type senders will read zero until a certain threshold is reached. This is because they tend to be very inaccurate at low temperatures so we rather just display "0" than a patently incorrect temperature...
Jabiru tends to use standard VDO parts.
Paul Sistern

Re: Jabiru MGL IEFIS setup

Post by Paul Sistern »

Your dip switches should be left in the factory position (see RDAC-XF manual for a photo).
Oil temp: Standard NTC
Oil pressure: Automotive resistive, 200 ohms, increases with pressure, range 5 bar.

Paul
MGL Avionics Dealer for UK and Ireland
Selling MGL for 14 years and counting.
Happy to export worldwide.
https://www.parts4aircraft.com/