Serviicing

Post here anything about a more technical nature not directly related to a product - installation questions or solutions, anything you think may help others as well. Floobidust - a term sometimes used by us nerds to categorize anything that does not fit into a category. Sort of a wild card.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Suddenly60

Serviicing

Post by Suddenly60 »

I havethe following products installed:

Challenger 10.4
Explorer 8.5
VHF 6 receiver
2 Axis navigation
Related sensors such as engine monitoring, fuelflow etc.

All these are older than a year.

My AP said that these needs to be removed and sent to MGL for service in ordertoensure that the guarantee remins valid.
Question 1.
Do these products need servicing and at what frequancy?
Question 2.
How long is the gaurantee?
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Serviicing

Post by rainier »

That sounds very odd - I have never heard that you need to remove your equipment and send to us for servicing in order to maintain warranty.

Warranty is normally handled by individual distributors that have their own policies that tend to differ from ours. We offer a 1 year guarantee on components and workmanship ex factory on a return to factory bases.
We do not expect you to send anything to us unless it has a fault that needs fixing.
generally there are no parts in our systems that require servicing under normal use.
Suddenly60

Re: Serviicing

Post by Suddenly60 »

Tank you Rainier

That is what I thought.

Regards