SP12 ->Trig tt22 SIL/SDA

Post here anything about a more technical nature not directly related to a product - installation questions or solutions, anything you think may help others as well. Floobidust - a term sometimes used by us nerds to categorize anything that does not fit into a category. Sort of a wild card.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
brs

SP12 ->Trig tt22 SIL/SDA

Post by brs »

In connecting the RS232 from the SP12 to the Trig there are settings for the SIL and SDA on the Trig.

The TC20 (control head for the TT22) display offers three setting options for SDA (B, C, & D). However the printing on the SP12 says that SDA=2 is the certification. So it seems Trig is using Letters while MGL is using Number. Is this correct? If so what letter does the number 2 equal?

Thanks
Pestar

Re: SP12 ->Trig tt22 SIL/SDA

Post by Pestar »

Send me your email address via PM and I will send you a PDF document showing you the correct settings for New Zealand CAA. Unfortunately due to our CAA we are unable to use the MGL-SP12 due to a perceived environmental issue. I am unable to attach PDF's

Operationally the MGL-SP12 configured as per the document fully meets the requirements of Airways New Zealand regarding ADS-B transmission and would be an acceptable unit if approved by the CAA.

Cheers Peter
Peter Armstrong
DynAero MCR-4S ZK-PSA
Auckland New Zealand

2 x G2 Voyagers, Extreme, 3 MGL Servos, SP2, SP4, SP6, SP7, 2 x V10's, MGL SP12, RDAC, I/O Extender
brs

Re: SP12 ->Trig tt22 SIL/SDA

Post by brs »

Peter,
I'm not so sure that document is something that I can count on to be applicable in the USA.

Thank you though.

-brs