stratomaster ultra horizon xl

Post here anything about a more technical nature not directly related to a product - installation questions or solutions, anything you think may help others as well. Floobidust - a term sometimes used by us nerds to categorize anything that does not fit into a category. Sort of a wild card.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
n502pd

stratomaster ultra horizon xl

Post by n502pd »

greetings all! newby and 1st question on ultra horizon xl; i know its way old and not supported, but i need to ask anyway; when scanning egt or cht data, the scan rate it too fast for a two stroke twin cylinder system, and readings change very fast, and cant be accurately read. is there any way to slow scan rate down via setup screens, electricanldip switch somewhere in display or rdac, or by simple software mod? I do have owners and instal manual, but find nothing relating to scan rate. thanks in advance!
Joe Nelsen
Sonex A, Aerovee 2.1, scratch built
N502PD 1st flight 7-21-2017
Finney Field, Howe, Tx
Astirdave

Re: stratomaster ultra horizon xl

Post by Astirdave »

Hi n502pd- it seems both of us are the only ones around who has an Ultra! Maybe we can help each other. Do you have or know where I can get the software to actually download the data from the instrument? I've got the lead (US$100) and the plug has been installed in the aircraft by the previous owner, but don't have anything to use to download. Any ideas? None of the software that I've seen from the factory is explicitly for connecting to the instrument.
Regards,
Dave
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

That's long discontinued.
I'll have a dig in the archives to see if I can still find it. It was an early version of what became flight planner that could import the data.
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

n502pd wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:46 am greetings all! newby and 1st question on ultra horizon xl; i know its way old and not supported, but i need to ask anyway; when scanning egt or cht data, the scan rate it too fast for a two stroke twin cylinder system, and readings change very fast, and cant be accurately read. is there any way to slow scan rate down via setup screens, electricanldip switch somewhere in display or rdac, or by simple software mod? I do have owners and instal manual, but find nothing relating to scan rate. thanks in advance!
The software and dev system for this has actually been released into the public domain...
I'll find a link for you.