LM335 for OAT

Post here anything about a more technical nature not directly related to a product - installation questions or solutions, anything you think may help others as well. Floobidust - a term sometimes used by us nerds to categorize anything that does not fit into a category. Sort of a wild card.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Heinz

LM335 for OAT

Post by Heinz »

Hello,
I am using an EMS-2 and RDAC-XF connected via CAN. Delivered with the EMS-2 was a sensor, I guess it is a LM335 temperature sensor (has two wires red and green). I think it is a good idea to use it as OAT sensor. So I connect it to RDAC-XF AUX1 and ground as shown in manual for RDAC-XF see pic1. At the EMS-2 I try to configure the Analog channel 1 as shown in pic2. But it doesn't work.
For my understanding, normally I need to connect the LM335 via 3 wires shown in pic3.
What is my mistake?
Thanks for support,
Heinz

Image Image Image
adamoconnor

Re: LM335 for OAT

Post by adamoconnor »

Your images did not come in.

The LM335 can connect to the RDAC - Green for ground and red for signal. Connect it to AUX1 if you want to use analog channel 3 or AUX2 for analog channel 4. Turn on the AUX 1 or AUX 2 PU switch on the RDAC.
Adam O'Connor
Michigan Avionics
MGL USA Sales and Support
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

It works! It seems for OAT Analog channel 4 is preferred. Also I changed to AUX2 and activates it. That's it.
Thanks for all,
Heinz
bissetn

Post by bissetn »

Normally the OAT sensor is connected to the OAT sensor input on the rear of EFIS not to the RDAC
manolo.lezl

Post by manolo.lezl »

Hello.

Will Dynon OAT probe 100433-000 work with my iEFIS?

I don't know if it's based on LM335...

Thank you.