EFIS Audio On/Off function

Post here anything about a more technical nature not directly related to a product - installation questions or solutions, anything you think may help others as well. Floobidust - a term sometimes used by us nerds to categorize anything that does not fit into a category. Sort of a wild card.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
johan

EFIS Audio On/Off function

Post by johan »

Hi,

I am installing my MGL (ibox + iEFIS challenger) system and trying to test as much as possible in the simulator.

It seems there is a function for the digital inputs that is labeled "EFIS Audio On/Off".
I am wondering if this is a "toggle" function or whether high means "audio-on" and low means "audio-off".

Also I would like to add an indicator to my screen with the EFIS audio state (on/off), but I can't find any existing item for this.
If it's not a toggle function, but high represent audio on and low represents audio off, I could use a digital input state in the designer. Otherwise I don''t know if it's possible to output the audio state on the screen.

The problem is that I can't test this in the simulator and I am not able to test this in the simulator as the audio output doesn't seem to work in the simulator. I can't test it in my airplane either because I am still in the process of installing all the MGL components.

I hope someone can help me with this,

Thank you in advance,

Regards,
Johan.
Tasmag

Re: EFIS Audio On/Off function

Post by Tasmag »

I have never been able to get it to work, every time i enable it in the settings i lose all audio, no matter what switching i use.

I have the A16 now so don't have the need for it anymore.