Servo setup with voyager

Post here anything about a more technical nature not directly related to a product - installation questions or solutions, anything you think may help others as well. Floobidust - a term sometimes used by us nerds to categorize anything that does not fit into a category. Sort of a wild card.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Benbell4140

Servo setup with voyager

Post by Benbell4140 »

Hello, I’ve finally got my MGL servos installed using the voyager G2. Whenever I go thru the autopilot preflight check my bank servo rolls left, then it rolls right as it should, and then instead of going back to center it travels further right causing a clutch load and the autopilot disengages. I’ve contacted Michigan avionics but apparently they are a little busy and haven’t gotten the problem resolved. I’ve also emailed Matt with no reply. Can anyone please help me figure this out?
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Servo setup with voyager

Post by rainier »

Please make sure your position does not go through zero. The position is a number reported between 0 and 4095. Make sure you have set both servo limits as well in your setup. The EFIS uses this to determine the direction it must move the servo and the positions are also used for the preflight check.
If your position goes through zero, remove the sheer screw, rotate the arm and refit screw. There are 4 possible locations for the screw in the servo boss.
Benbell4140

Re: Servo setup with voyager

Post by Benbell4140 »

Rainier, thanks. It was the clocking of the servo arm. Repositioned the arm and all is well now.