V16 upgrade with iEFIS

The expanding range of MGL's innovative RF avionics
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Mikeyb

V16 upgrade with iEFIS

Post by Mikeyb »

My V16 works great in my RV8 but I’d like to try the mic filtering of the new software. I’m gun shy about making changes. Has anyone installed it using an SD card through the iEFIS?
Mike
andynoiseboy

Re: V16 upgrade with iEFIS

Post by andynoiseboy »

I've updated firmware on 2 or 3 bits of MGL hardware via MX1/SD Card, including V16 and had no issues, other than not being able to get the MX1 to 'mount' any SD card other than the one that came with it. Struggling to get advice or guidance on that issue currently.
Mikeyb

Post by Mikeyb »

Thanks for the scoop. Good luck. I guess I don’t have that problem. I have used a couple of SD cards in my gen 3 iEFIS and they worked with the FAT32 format out of the box.
Mike
rainier
Site Admin

Post by rainier »

andynoiseboy wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:07 pm I've updated firmware on 2 or 3 bits of MGL hardware via MX1/SD Card, including V16 and had no issues, other than not being able to get the MX1 to 'mount' any SD card other than the one that came with it. Struggling to get advice or guidance on that issue currently.
Make sure your SD card reads SDHC on the label and not SDXC or such.
Then make sure your card is formatted with FAT32 (standard Windows format) - do NOT use ExFat - the EFIS cannot use that format.