Razor bad CDI data

The expanding range of MGL's innovative RF avionics
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Mike_Tailwind

Razor bad CDI data

Post by Mike_Tailwind »

I'm having problems driving the CDI display on a GRT EFIS from the Razor and N16. The CDI display seems reasonable on the Razor, but jumps around and comes and goes on the EFIS. I've placed a serial monitor on the output of the Razor and have verified that the Razor is outputting bad SL30 CDI messages. There are invalid characters in the CDI deflection field. VOR radial data messages seem OK. I have tried two Razors both with version 090322 firmware release: V1 REL 6 and both exhibit the same problem. Has anyone else seen this problem? I should note that on the latest flight the problem seemed to clear up, which is strange for what appears to be a Razor firmware issue. I'm thinking it may be an initial pointer or buffer overflow issue that clears up after several hours? But, it doesn't give me confidence that it won't re-appear.