V16 Aux Input Question

The expanding range of MGL's innovative RF avionics
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
ColoradoRV6

V16 Aux Input Question

Post by ColoradoRV6 »

First off let me say that I am really liking my V16 and Razor head, works much better than my last radio. Now on to my question. I have my Garmin autopilot wired to the aux input and it works great most of the time but sometimes no audio comes through. I don't remember what I have the Aux normal level set to but I have the Aux mute level set to off. Anything else I can check?

Thanks,
Eric
rainier
Site Admin

Re: V16 Aux Input Question

Post by rainier »

The AUX input is only suppressed if there is incoming RX.
It has two levels - one sets the level if there is no audio from the microphones and the other sets the level of the AUX signal if there is sound at the microphones (enough to open the VOX).
This way you can set it up so it just mutes the sound a bit if you speak or you can kill it completely depending on your preference. If it is a music feed just lowering the level when you speak is usually the way. If it is annunciation like you are doing then just leave both at max level (so no muting).
ColoradoRV6

Re: V16 Aux Input Question

Post by ColoradoRV6 »

The documentation is confusing. In the Aux mute level section it states:
If AUX mute off is selected, the AUX input follows the gain selected above.
But that is not true. If Aux mute is set to off then it completely mutes the aux input when someone is talking on the intercom. I got it figured out this weekend and everything is fine now.

Thanks,
Eric