Lightspeed Plasma III and Blaze RPM-2

This forum is dedicated to the many variations of the MGL singles.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
JtH

Lightspeed Plasma III and Blaze RPM-2

Post by JtH »

Hi there, I have just fitted two Lightspeed Plasma III electronic ignitions to my Vari Eze. They are completely independent systems with separate batteries and wiring. I connected the tacho output from each ignition to each of the RPM 1 and RPM 2 inputs to monitor the output of each system.

The Blaze RPM - 2 powers up and is able to be configured via the front panel, however when cranking with the ignitions powered up, there is no tacho reading at all. I inquired about this and it was clear that even at cranking RPM 1-200 rpm should register on the Tacho.

I tried playing with the sensitivity trimmers at both ends of their travel without any change being seen.

The dip switches have not been touched.

Has anyone else had this problem getting a lightspeed plasma electronic ignition to talk to a Blaze RPM -2 Tacho? If so what was the fix/

many thanks

John