INFO-1 rotary encoder skipping pages

This forum is dedicated to the many variations of the MGL singles.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
LauraJ

INFO-1 rotary encoder skipping pages

Post by LauraJ »

I just bought an INFO-1 display, and was testing it on the bench when I noticed that the rotary encoder is skipping main display pages, registering two page clicks per click of the encoder, but only sometimes. It reliably registers one flight log entry per click in the flight log display, which suggests that the switch itself is fine, but the software reading it is misbehaving in the main display section of the code. It also seemed a little questionable moving around the menu pages, but I didn't explore extensively once I figured out it was a firmware problem. I noticed that if I turned it a smaller rotation than a full click, I could see each page, but that's not a viable workaround when I'm thousands of feet in the air in an open cockpit biplane.

I have v1.15 of the firmware loaded, and see that v1.14 is the most recent version available for download. Would it make sense to downgrade to 1.14? I don't know what changed in 1.15, since it's not listed in the changelog. If it's like flashing an STM32 dev board, I think I have the tools to flash new firmware, but if it requires the particular flasher tool (which I strongly suspect is Windows-only) I'm out of luck.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I know Franz has replied to other threads, so I'm hopeful he'll see this and might be able to help.
Franz

Re: INFO-1 rotary encoder skipping pages

Post by Franz »

Hi Laura

Yes, we have addressed the issue you described in a later firmware version. You can update the INFO-1 using the IFFU programming utility but I am afraid it is windows based. Let me know if you require anything else.

Regards,
Franz

Version 1.17 16/08/2022
--------------------------------------
Enhancement: Added a 30 second delay (debounce) to the flight timer digital input to recognize start/stop of flights

Version 1.16 10/08/2022
--------------------------------------
Enhancement: Improved the rotating/selection of the main display screen
LauraJ

Post by LauraJ »

Great, thanks! How can I get access to those firmware images?
LauraJ

Post by LauraJ »

Ok, I have the firmware from Michigan, where can I find the IFFU loading utility? Do they have that as well? The tech I spoke to didn't seem to know where it could be found.
Franz

Post by Franz »

It can be found in the firmware .zip file here

http://www.mglavionics.co.za/Infinitec/ ... rmware.zip
LauraJ

Post by LauraJ »

Thank you so much, Franz. I got the new firmware uploaded, all looks good. I appreciate your help.