CAN bus issues

This forum is dedicated to the many variations of the MGL singles.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Geoff

CAN bus issues

Post by Geoff »

I have an EFIS lite "talking" to an SP6 ARHS and an RDAC XF on the CAN bus, Has been working fine for 6 months, stopped comming and the green indicator lights are no longer flashing every 1s or so but are now a steady on 0,5s and off every 1s. EOLs are in place.
Anybody that could help with diagnosis?
gd5362

Re: CAN bus issues

Post by gd5362 »

Hi Geoff,
I have what I think is a similar problem. My canbuss route is from the efis lite to the ecbs ,rdac , compass and ended at the servos. Lights flashed properly on the ecbs and rdac and not at all on the compass or servos. I checked the terminating resistor and the canbuss voltages were 2.3v at each device. I visually inspected all the canbuss wiring and everything looked ok and as I was inspecting the connector at the rdac which looked ok one of the wires broke free and evidently it had a weak crimp and was barely hanging on by a thread ( factory harness). Corrected that and everything works fine. I hope this is of some benefit.

Glenn
Glenn Davis
5362P
Geoff

Re: CAN bus issues

Post by Geoff »

Thanks Glen, I too have now resolved my CAN issue with loose connections on DB9 connector