FF-5 Fuel Computer

This forum is dedicated to the many variations of the MGL singles.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
sapril001

FF-5 Fuel Computer

Post by sapril001 »

Hi , I have installed a FF-5 Fuel computer in an airplane, it is working well It is connected to 2 fuel tanks and it has a fuel flow sensor also.
Now we have done the calibration of the tanks in liters and all the readings are in liters, now the airplane ownwer would like to have the units changed to US gal. I change the unit in the menu to US gal/NM. the reading of the tanks level in liters is 84 liters. when I change to the gal the reading is only 7.9 gal. The computer does not convert the actual readings in liters to the proper equivalent in gal. I should read 22 gal.

What could be wrong?

Regards
Sylvain April
sapril001

Re: FF-5 Fuel Computer

Post by sapril001 »

Hi,
What could be wrong with this instrument if it's conversion of units is wrong. Should I try to reload the firmware or should I return the unit to the suplier.

Thanks
Franz

Re: FF-5 Fuel Computer

Post by Franz »

Hi Sylvian,

You cannot calibrate in liters and change the units to gallons. You have to calibrate in gallons if you want the reading to be displayed in gallons.

You can just convert you liter calibration points to gallons and then reenter the results in.

Regards,
Franz