Razor SL30 interface

This forum is dedicated to the many variations of the MGL singles.
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
calvind@metratek.com

Razor SL30 interface

Post by calvind@metratek.com »

I have been testing my Razor/V16/N16 with a Dynon HDX and have encountered a problem with setting/reading back the Comm frequency. When I use the Razor to set a standby frequency, the corresponding display on the Dynon HDX shows the same frequency but with the fraction below 100KHz as zeros. For example if I set the frequency from the Razor to 127.65, the HDX displays 127.60.
If I use the HDX to set the standby frequency, the Razor accepts the change but truncates the 10KHz increments in the same way.
I have verified that the Dynon HDX interfaces correctly with a Garmin SL-40, so it seems the problem lies with the Razor. I love the many features of this system but this is a big issue for me. Can it be corrected with a software update?
Mike_Tailwind

Re: Razor SL30 interface

Post by Mike_Tailwind »

I'm battling the same issue.
There is a firmware update for this. Check Firmware for RF products.
However, I have not been able to get the update program to work correctly.
Mike_Tailwind

Post by Mike_Tailwind »

I have gotten the Razor firmware updated now and it solves the problem with LSBs. WIth Windows10 and and a USB to serial adapter I had to use some virtual Comm port software in between the Razor fimrware update program and the actual comm port in order to get the updater to work. I suspect Windows 10 is blocking access to the physical comm port because the software is not digitally signed.
calvind@metratek.com

Post by calvind@metratek.com »

I downloaded the updater and was able to complete the update using a resurrected XP machine. No success using any of my Win 10 machines.