MX1 Survey: Does your map work?

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
LaneRM

MX1 Survey: Does your map work?

Post by LaneRM »

Disclaimer: I like MGL, I think the products are innovative, and my experience with Michigan Avionics has been great. It is my hope that we can gather some data here that can be presented to MGL to help in identifying/fixing an issue. Please keep this thread limited to just this issue. Thanks.

I have had an MX1 in my airplane for just over a year. I’ve experienced some quirks, and I have attributed them until now to being a product of my own inexperience… but now I’m not so sure. The most glaring issue is absolutely not my doing and borders on a safety issue since it involves navigation. My theory is that the moving map and navigation functions do not work as intended in the MX1 and I think it’s related to region.

So far I’ve tested two MX1’s personally. One in stock config and landscape orientation, and my own in portrait mode and configured for my plane (SN: 210300073 and 220700140). I’ve also found the same problems in the simulator.

See my other thread for more information on the problem, and what I’ve done to try troubleshoot: https://www.mglavionics.co.za/phpBB3/vi ... php?t=9328

It seems like I’m the only person complaining about this issue, but after testing a second MX1 I can’t believe that I’m alone.

Here’s what I want to know:

1. Can you display navigational data on your map? If yes, what is displayed? If not, and you enter into PAN mode, are they displayed then?

2. When you press NAV > GPS Nearest, are your nearest airports displayed?

3. What’s your device serial number?

4. Where are you located?

If your nav functions work flawlessly, please reply with that and with your location.
LaneRM

Re: MX1 Survey: Does your map work?

Post by LaneRM »

1. Can you display navigational data on your map? If yes, what is displayed? If not, and you enter into PAN mode, are they displayed then?

I can display the raster map as a base, and I can display airspace borders. When I enter PAN mode, I can display all available data but cannot interact with it. When I exit PAN mode it disappears.

2. When you press NAV > GPS Nearest, are your nearest airports displayed?

No, the closest airports shown are 115ish nm away.

3. What’s your device serial number?

4. Where are you located?

North Carolina, USA