MGL iEfis lite and Accelerometer readings

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Kjelle69

MGL iEfis lite and Accelerometer readings

Post by Kjelle69 »

We have recently installed our iEfis lite and is now starting to learn more about the functionality and features. Really fun and rewarding phase.
One thing that seems a bit odd is that the accelerometer readings seems erratic.

Here is a link to an unlisted youtube video describing the issue. I am thinking that there might be some way to "dampen" the signal to make it a bit more calm? You can see my analogue G-meter up to the left in the video. The air was realtively calm and the machine does not have any unusual vibrations other than the usual ones in the RV-4.

Any help is welcome, we have done adjusments of the attitude (AHRS - flight level offsets)
We have also done the accelerometer calibration using a spirit level to make sure the panel was straight up and level.

https://youtu.be/OCV0dgduyHY
Mikeyb

Re: MGL iEfis lite and Accelerometer readings

Post by Mikeyb »

Thanks for sharing. My iEFIS lite 8.5” does the same thing.in an RV8. I sent it to MGL Torrance and they couldn’t find a problem.
I have a hunch is a limitation related to the vibration of the panel itself.
Mike
LaneRM

Post by LaneRM »

I have an MX1 and it does the same thing. I couldn't fix it, so I removed the G-Meter and slip/skid from the screen. I think it's encouraging from a builder standpoint that we are having similar issues rather than me just doing a bad install.

I also have a wildly inaccurate and unstable density altitude reading. Anyone else?
Kjelle69

Post by Kjelle69 »

LaneRM wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:04 am I couldn't fix it, so I removed the G-Meter and slip/skid from the screen.
@LaneRM , Did you use the panel designer software to remove the G-meter? One thing I thought about is how to configure the G-Meter Arc visibility.
Now it seems that it is activated at 1.5G, I was thinking of changing the value when it gets visible to, say, 2G instead. However I could not find that specific configuration anywhere. Is it possible or is it hardcoded in to the G-meter sensor?
sparxfly

Post by sparxfly »

Kjelle69 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:41 pm Is it possible or is it hardcoded in to the G-meter sensor?
A conditional skip item but hard coded at 1.5G. Unfortunately no provision for editing the limit.
Stuart
NZ MGL dealer
LaneRM

Post by LaneRM »

Kjelle69 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:41 pm @LaneRM , Did you use the panel designer software to remove the G-meter? One thing I thought about is how to configure the G-Meter Arc visibility.
Now it seems that it is activated at 1.5G, I was thinking of changing the value when it gets visible to, say, 2G instead. However I could not find that specific configuration anywhere. Is it possible or is it hardcoded in to the G-meter sensor?
I did use the panel design software. I changed everything I could change on the G-meter configuration, but could never get it to stop erroneously coming on. If you need help with the software let me know - it's a pretty easy change.