Odyssey G2

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
sapril001

Odyssey G2

Post by sapril001 »

Hi,

Is there a way to repair an Odyssey air speed sensor. I have an instrument that have been damaged by someone blowing in the pito line to clear some water. It is not my instrument and I dont know the whole story there but there are 3 air speed instruments connected to that pito line and all 3 are defective. One steam gauge locked at 70Kn one Garmin G5 read 28kn on the ground and one Odyssey that read 0 on the ground but only 30kn when flying at 100kn.
I suppose the airspeed sensopr need replacement and it is a factory repair thing if it is still possible.

Thanks
JimJab

Re: Odyssey G2

Post by JimJab »

As I understand the pressure senor are replaceable in the MGL EFIS.

I would contact your countries MGL dealer to check availability of the pressure sensors. Because due to covid, the supply of many electronic components across many different industries have been very hard to sources in a timely manner for many manufacturers.

I have read on this forum where Rainer has said he is currently developing their own MGL pressure sensor components.

Sadly, it's really bad news when you use compressed air on your aircraft's airspeed, static or AOA air tubes when the tubes are still connected to instruments, even when you think by having the water drain trap open it's ok, but sadly it's not and it's a very costly exercise most times.

Cheers
JimJab
Older MGL units