SNAVI files

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Billbrooks

SNAVI files

Post by Billbrooks »

Hi
I have a Voyager s/n 100600635, flightops A 1.2.0.2, version G2 A 3.0.0.6.

I've decided to get a pocketfms ( easyvfr) subscription for their navidata files. I loaded it up OK but it erased the approach into my home strip which was on my old open source navidat file.
I thought easy - I'll make an SNAVI.EWD file and use that. However, 1) the SNAVI file would not load automatically from the SD disc. When I manually transferred the file into the internal flash drive navidat directory using the file manager, it caused the system to crash. When I pressed goto, it said processing list and hung up. Any ideas how to use the SNAVI facility? is it compatible with my machine?

I then tried editing the navidat file they sent using MGL central - but they had encrypted it so I couldn't put my approach in!

So I have asked them to put my home strip data in, hopefully they will but it's outside my control.