Xtreme EFIS

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
DragonflyDH90

Xtreme EFIS

Post by DragonflyDH90 »

Hi,

A question relating to the XTreme EFIS. Is it possible to make this a non terminating node on the CAN bus?

For ease of wiring it would be advantageous to have this, trying to eliminate extra cable weight and bulk in a small aircraft (I know its minimal for both but it is an aerobatic aircraft and I'm conscious of every small thing adding up). My intention is to have the SP-6 and SP-7 in the aft fuselage (or possibly one wing) and RDAC engine side of the firewall. This would place the XTreme in the middle of cable runs and ideally I would like to remove the need to have a return cable from either the RDAC or the SP-6/7.

My thought is to have the RDAC as one terminating end with resistor cable running to the XTreme (non terminating node) and then onwards to the SP-6 (non terminating node) and finally to the SP-7 (terminating).

Feasible? Any potential issues?

Thanks.