iEFIS Explorer Lite

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Peter2480

iEFIS Explorer Lite

Post by Peter2480 »

Hello Rainier
I have a Stratomaster iEFIS Explorer Lite installed in WS microlight. I have broken the spigot for attachment of the pitot tube. Is this part available?

Regards
Peter Martin
Richmond Hill. NSW. Australia.
rainier
Site Admin

Re: iEFIS Explorer Lite

Post by rainier »

This forms part of the actual pressure sensor so you likely have to replace the part. It is a type MP3V5010DP from NXP. You can get it from Digikey or similar.
Note that you need to drill a small hole into the bottom of the sender (use the old one as example). Do not drill too deep - just through the material, no more. This hole then forms the connection between the pitot port and the altimeter chip below the sensor using an o-ring as seal.
After you installed the new sensor you need to calibrate it - perform the normal zero point procedure (from the setup menu) and then using a calibrated pressure source set the altitude. We use a pressure of 105mm of H2O for 90mph. You can build a suitable manometer from a few plastic pipes and a ruler. The calibration is entered as a relative value where 100% means the sender acts exactly as per specification. Typical values you will end up with might be from say 95 to 105%.
Peter2480

Re: iEFIS Explorer Lite

Post by Peter2480 »

I noted that the altimeter reading was not making much sense either. This was the first flight in over a year while the aircraft was being repaired. The altimeter reading was erratic before the spigot broke off though. Maybe the altimeter chip is faulty but I will carry out a few more flights to establish this. When you say 105mm is that the difference between high and low water level or the height of single column from the zero level. Thanks for your reply.