Manifold pressure

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
ktz737

Manifold pressure

Post by ktz737 »

Hi !

I am upgrading my plane by replacing the propeller with a E-Props Constant speed GLORIEUSE.

For that, I had to add a manifold pressure sender (5V powered) for the propeller regulator, and I was wondering if it could be possible to use the signal for my IEFIS Challenger Lite and display the manifold pressure.

I have a RDAC XF and a IEFIS Extender.

If it is possible, which entry can I use and how to configure it ?

Thank you

Didier
rainier
Site Admin

Re: Manifold pressure

Post by rainier »

Yes you can do that but you need to create your own custom display for the MAP.
You need to know the voltage range of your sender and the pressure it represents.
Connect to one of the analog channels on your extender.
Place an indicator component on you desired location (whatever you prefer) and connect it to that analog channel.

In the analog inputs setup menu you will find a number of items you can use to scale the raw reading from the analog input to your needs - you can multiply, divide and add and offset and add decimals as needed for numeric readouts.

Using the screen designer you can simulate the ibox with its analog inputs very nicely so you can make sure that your readouts are all correct with respect to the voltage your sender produces before installing your custom screen file to the real EFIS.

Best way to do this if you are using one of the built in engine monitoring screen sections - select one that has the MAP display and use that as base for your own customization - then all you need to do is "connect" the MAP graphic display and readout to your analog input and make sure your scaling is correct as described above.
ktz737

Re: Manifold pressure

Post by ktz737 »

Thanks for your acurate answer :-)
I already designed a MAP instrument that I intended to use in relation with my RDAC CAN LAD.
Unfortunately, the RDAC LAD still has development problem and some data are not properly displayed .
So this sould be a good back up solution.